Wednesday, May 26, 2021

DreamscapingVR is about my efforts to create a distinct genre of VR devoted to wonder and wandering through artistic landscapes of music and art. The Dreamscaping Series is being developed for the Oculus Quest headsets. 

If I do ask for donations I find it easier to receive such welcome support through an exchange of my creations themselves, either through the simple purchase of a song you may like or by purchasing and  installing my VR apps onto your headset. The versions I release are literally updated as I work on them and in a sense, that process can take a lot of time, like a series of fine art paintings I am working on simultaneously, only now, you can enjoy the development phase as it all unfolds through updates if you purchase early.

The projects presented here are in many cases ongoing, much as my song writing, going back decades, songs you can sample or purchase from within my own little randomized jukebox of singles, at https://lightdreams.info/paul/pauls_jukebox.php - Ultimately that is actually the best way to support me and get immediate finished product. If you can believe it, for every dollar you spend on my work, it represents 25000 streaming royalty returns. Clearly it is a better immediate deal for artists if you purchase their work.

My Dreamscaping Series represent a collectors' set of full albums of music, usually themed, like my first Quest2 App called Islands in Space VR based on a limited edition vinyl album that was re-issued in 2016. If you open up the YoutubeVR app and use the search words 'Islands in Space VR Tour' you can enjoy  a first glimpse.

My apps are available at https://dreamscaping.com and can be installed using the free software SideQuest.

BONUS: If you have a Quest that is Airlink or Link capable to a computer my worlds can be previewed in virtual reality, on the VRChat network of fine virtual realities if you search 'Artist3d' - this is also a great place to meet and chat at my Artist3d's Beachside Hub, I always enjoy giving people personal tours of my music worlds. Unlike my app development, these worlds are not optimized for mobile devices, so some kind of tethered headset is required.






No comments:

Post a Comment

DreamscapingVR is about my efforts to create a distinct genre of VR devoted to wonder and wandering through artistic landscapes of music an...